Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Two-day Scrapbooking Crop

I am getting very excited about a two-day scrapbooking crop coming up this weekend.  I need to get going on planning out what I want to work on.  My "work in progress" at the moment is an 8 X 8 album for my husband containing pics of our dogs over the years.

You'd think planning out a small page like that would be easier than planning a 12 X 12 size . . . NOT!  It must have something to do with the fact that I am so anal about making sure it looks right.  Well . . . MY idea of what it should look like!  Hee, hee!  I figure I'd better like what I end up with because years from now I don't want to have to look at a page and think, "I wish I'd done . . ."  That is pretty much my philosophy on any page I do, no matter what the size.

So . . . what am I doing to get ready for a fun time with other scrapbookers?
1.  Going through my photo boxes to gather more photos to scrap
2.  Looking at picture files on my PC and my laptop to gather more photos
3.  Ordering any pictures I need copies or reprints for
4.  Writing the name, place, and date on the backs of my photos
5.  Making sure I have enough supplies and scrapbook paper
     (My scrapbooking buddies would laugh at this.  I never use even a fourth of what I take with me!)
6.  Thinking about what tools I'll take:  my Cricut machine, my Quickutz tool, my Big Shot
7.  Deciding whether to take my copier and my scanner.
8.  Making sure I have digital copies of my pics on my laptop in case I need to resize and reorder.

I wonder if I've forgotten anything.  Oh well, if I have I only live about 20 to 25 miles from our meeting site.  I'll just go home and get it if I need it!

Time to take my hubby to a doctor's appointment!  Happy scrapping, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment